Monday, April 27, 2009

What's Goin' On?

I haven't been posting any more pics of our Las Vegas trip because quite frankly, the whole uploading process/writting about what was going on in the pics was getting on my nerves (totally my fault cause i took so many gee-dee pictures...smile) Anywho, this post is just gonna be words.

I am feeling pretty good now. It's been a week and four days since I had my "procedure" (for those of you who don't know, I had some work done on my "mysterious lady parts" to quote Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights) done I am having very minimal pain and am able to move around quite normally. I went grocery shopping this morning and that didn't go to good. I was feeling faint and very warm, which seems to happen now whenever I exert myself but I made it through.

I received some SUPER-WONDERFUL presents from my very bestest friend in the whole world (Shelby). I'll take a picture and post tomorrow.

Other important news on the homefront, Precious and Max have their TAKS testing tomorrow (Precious also has hers on Weds.) TAKS stands for Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills. Starting in 3rd grade and continuing on thru high school, students take these tests close to the end of the school year (for both math and reading). They have to pass these tests to be passed on to the next grade. I don't like the idea that they have to pass these tests in order to pass to the next grade. My reasoning is this, both Precious and Max have been in the Gifted and Talented Program since Kindergarten and they both have always STAYED on Honor Roll (well, Precious wasn't always on it this year. She seemed to be having trouble staying focused this year but we've nipped that in the bud). So my question has always been, if they excel all school year but don't pass the TAKS Test, how do you think you can hold them back. We, of course, have never had a problem with them failing these tests. As a matter of fact, Max just took his Reading TAKS a few weeks ago and was given a Commendation because he only missed one. The passing score is 2100 and Max scored 2500 (yes...those are MY genes running thru him). And every school year Precious gets commended for scoring high also.

Ok, so off of my soapbox. I'll try to post more Vegas pics tomorrow. Right now I'm going to sign off because I need to write.

1 comment:

  1. When are you going to get that book done anyway? I still want an autographed copy!

    ReplyDelete