Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Recession Hits Home

I was informed this past Friday that at the end of the month, I will no longer have a job. After that, the company I work for will no longer be able to afford me. Not just me, but my boss also. I'm having a lot of mixed emotions about this. One minute I'm "up" thinking, Bobby and I can do this...we can handle this. Just need to tighten up our finances because it's not like we have a lot of bills. Of course there's the mortgage and utilities, things like that, but we own our cars free and clear. We have two credit cards, which thanks to my husband, don't have large balances (if it were up to me they would...I like to buy "stuff"...LOL.). So we should be able to manage. But then I hear the news saying things like "...a job was posted for a part-time janitor position at a school and over 1,000 applicants applied". What the hell is that? And...what if Bobby looses his job too? It's possible. On top of it all, I have a really cool job, with an AWSOME boss and people I really like to work with. This job is perfect for me...and now I've got to leave it.

Just trying to keep my head up, keep a positive attitude and most importantly...PRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment