Monday, May 25, 2009

I Believe

These last few weeks have been very trying and unfortunately there are more to come but I Believe that I'll make it through. There is a hearing coming up on June 2nd where the judge will decide whether it's Bobby or me that will get temporary custody of our children while we are going through this divorce and there is a trial coming up on July 27th against Bobby for the charges I pressed against me for threatening me. I Believe that sometimes, to get to the other side of something where there is peace you have to go through that "something". Whatever it may be and that going through it makes you that much stronger.

Even though I worry constantly about what all of this is doing to our children (because they are going through it with us) I Believe that children, even sometimes more than adults, are resilient. And they too, in the long run, will make it through this to the other side where there is peace. Of course a big part of how they handle things is determined by how we handle things.

I believe that what goes around comes around. Call it Karma or whatever you want but how you treat others ALWAYS, ALWAYS comes back around to you. When you pretend that you are someone that you are not, at all times wearing a "mask" so that you can fool those around you into believing you are one person when really you are another, at the end of the day you are utterly and completly alone. It's then, in those quiet and dark hours of the night, that all you'll have to hold onto are your regret because you've pushed away those closest to you, those who loved you the most even when they knew you for who you truly are.

This I Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment