Saturday, December 5, 2009

Spending Thanksgiving w/Family

This was the first Thanksgiving that I've ever spent without my babies. It was hard but I was still able to enjoy myself because I know it won't always be this way. I spent this Thanksgiving with my In-Laws, Lia and Terry. Lia and I cooked most of the food the night before. She had the fireplace going and Christmas music playing as we did what we needed to do. When we were done, we layed around watching movies. We went to bed around 3am.


Top Left: Samantha and Taysia (my nieces). These jokers spent the entire time on their cell phones. Middle: Me showing Little Terry (my nephew) how to correctly peel potatos. Bottom Left:Lia jacking with the fireplace...as usual.

I woke up the next morning around 10am to find that my brother-in-law, Terry, had already been up for a few hours but everyone else was still sleep. By about 10:30am I guess he got tired of waiting for them to wake up because he got two pots and commenced to banging them together while yelling "clang-clang-clang" at the same time. Unfortunately for him, my sis-in-law, Lia (the main one he wanted up), was wearing ear plugs and didn't hear a thing...LOL!








By 3:30 Shenita and Colette had arrived and we were ready to eat.


































Despite my very strong objections, everyone was eating Chittlins. I kept trying to explain to them that we weren't slaves anymore so we can eat the good part of the pig (I mean, I know Texas found out about the slaves being freed late but "Juneteenth"...heard of that) but kept right on eating...DISGUSTING! I think Auntie Colette was the only one that had some sense and didn't eat any...and maybe Taysia.




















See me representing the Buckeyes? That's what's up!





These pictures were taken on the friday after thanksgiving. Terry and Lia's rottweiler's, King and Sheba, had a litter of puppies. I just thought that they were so cute that I should share.












Little Terry getting puppy kisses









No comments:

Post a Comment